New Member

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member
From: "Philip Willcocks" <piiiiip_list@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:28:01 -0000
Hi guys,
I've recently acquired a TR6 after a catastrophe last year with my Spitfire
(it caught fire and also partly destroyed my Elise parked next to it).
I collected the car last month and trailered it straight to the restorers, the
plan is that they will do the bits you can see and I'll do all the bits you
can't see!

It's a RHD 1971 150bhp injection model, originally white with some 70's alloy
wheels, I think they actually suit it quite well!
The restorer has already replaced the rear inner wings, sills, b posts and
will be doing the floor pans this week. All the welding should be completed
within the next three weeks and then it will be grit blasted and painted. We
had a big Triumph spares day here in England last weekend and I was able to
acquire a mountain of new parts for it, I won't list the bits as its too
long!

I was reading through various books and catalogues and noticed that they seem
to recommend welding in extra flanges to strengthen weak parts of the chassis.
Can anyone list the places that need attention and perhaps tell me where I can
get templates from?

If you're interested I'll keep you up-to-date with progress reports from
London.
Philip