Re: New Member

To: piiiiip_list@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: New Member
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:24:18 -0500
Philip,
Welcome to the list, and congratulations on your new acquirement.
As to the chasis points, you will want to reinforce the lower suspension
mounting brackets on the front wheels, and also both front differential
mounts. It is possible these have already been done though.
There are gusset plates for the front suspension, that are welded in to
reinforce the mounts, they are available as a kit from most of the big
suppliers on our side of the pond, I would think the big guys over there
should have them too...(Rimmers?)
You can also buy "plates" to weld in for the differential mounts, but
these are simple to make, and the pattern can be downloaded at the VTR
site.
The first link is about the problem and how to tell if your chasis is
"suffering" from a cracked mount, the second is a pattern of the "plate"
that you  weld in to fix it.

 http://www.vtr.org/maintain/diff-mounts.html

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/diff-mounts.doc

There are other areas of the "frame" that are prone to problems with rust
, like the box section where the trailing arms mount, but this requires
replacement.

A good source for drawings and assembly views for every part of the car
is the 2 part catalog from The Roadster Factory
(www.the-roadster-factory.com ), This has proved invaluable for many
folks in their "restoration".

Hope this helps, and good luck on the TR6,

Mark Riddle
'72 TR6