RE: TR-6 Carb rebuild

To: "'Patrick Bitton'" <pbitton@axess.com>,
Subject: RE: TR-6 Carb rebuild
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:50:51 -0500
Hi Patrick. Here's what I did:

Buy a new empty gallon paint can and fill it with laquer thinner.
Disassemble the carbs and soak them and toothbrush them to get the grime
off. Don't soak the plastic parts too long and close the paint can back up.
Then go over the big parts with a Scotch Brite pad. Polish the tops with a
cloth wheel and white rouge.

I have also heard about people using oven cleaner and also running them
through the dishwasher. Didn't have the guts to try either.

- Hugh