Manifold Stud Installation & Gasket

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Manifold Stud Installation & Gasket
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

These may be elementary question for some, but I'm not
sure of the "right" answers.

I'll be putting my newly ceramic coated intake &
exhaust manifolds back on this car this weekend, and
am replacing all of the studs.

My question #1: for installling the studs into the
block, what is the best procedure/tool? And should I
use Loctite on the studs, regular anti-sieze, etc?
(realizing the effect these lubricants have on torque
settings)

My question #2: Should I use any type of sealing
compound on the manifold gasket around the intake
ports?

Thanks,

William