RE: Manifold Stud Installation & Gasket

To: "'William Maslin'" <cwrm4@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Manifold Stud Installation & Gasket
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:06:57 -0700
        Rich:

        I can't recommend the anti-seize route. My experience has been
that things have a habit of backing out when anti-seize is used.
        I would recommend stainless fasteners to prevent the corrosion
that tends to encourage things to seize, and then install the fasteners
dry. They don't corrode so no seizing, and without the anti-seize
they don't back out.
        Whatever you do, use fresh lock washers. They are cheap, and
it is a pain to go back and do it over if things start to come loose.

        Just my preference though.

        I am sure there are other tricks out there that will work, and
they will probably cost less.

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom