Re: Weber Carbs and EFI

To: "Skip Montanaro" <skip@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs and EFI
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:54:36 -0400
I just got my Megasquirt EFI kit in the mail last week. I also got a
wideband O2 kit to use to tune with. I have lots of good ideas (maybe just
lots of ideas) and just need time to play. I may get to it next spring,
depending on how my hotrod project progresses. I'd like to get the motor
mounted and rear suspension done before I go to work on my 'normal' TR250.

BTW.... I got a ride in Dale Knapke's awesome 2.3 liter 4 cyl turbo TR6 last
week. What a hoot that was! He really can bang thru the gears in that thing.
You never will meet a nicer guy. We yakked for a couple of hours, and I took
pictures of his 4-link 9" Ford rear setup. I got a lot of ideas, and a whole
new enthusiasm for my own project. It's nice to have a resource like Dale to
draw on. He really has done a first class job on his conversion. I didn't
even mind the 4 hour drive going back home! Many thanks to the List for
alerting me to the existence of Dale and his car.

I'm still thinking of trying to build a double wishbone independent rear
setup based on  Ford Supercoupe rearend, axles and hubs that I have. It
would be neat to have my car be a bit more of a 'corner-carver' than Dale's
drag car is, but setting up the geometry has me a bit nervous. Can anyone
suggest what kind of specs I should set up around? Anti-dive, caster,
camber, toe? I have read a couple of books, including "How to make your car
handle", but I'm thinking of just copying a production car with a similar
setup,,,, say Miata specs for starters, and making everything as adjustable
as possible. Anyone? Bob?

Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive suspension design software that
would work to help design this thing?

Jim