Tilton hydraulic throw-out bearing

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tilton hydraulic throw-out bearing
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:32:53 -0400
All,

With all the discussion on the "frailty" of the stock and aftermarket
release bearings and selector-shaft forks, I am surprised that no-one has
suggested a hydraulic release bearing.  I have seen them for sale on the
Cambridge Motorsports web page for 385 British Pounds (ouch!).  But they
tend to be somewhat pricey, so I looked at the Tilton cattledog.

There appears to be plenty of room in the bell housing for a Tilton bearing,
and the hydraulic hoses can fit through the hole vacated by the selector
shaft.  A small plate needs to be machined, and we could delete the clutch
slave cylinder.  This seems to be a win-win deal.

Anyone care to comment?

Shane Ingate in Maryland