Re: Fw: headers-more ranting

To: Alan <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: headers-more ranting
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:39:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Alan wrote:

> [...]

Bummer.

> No time and no energy left to open this can of worms up again.

We feel your pain.

> Is there a down side to driving 5 hours up and back to Jeckle Island with
> leaky headers? Other than the noise.

Well, to be honest, a 5 hour drive with a leaky gasket is a fairly bad
plan. The best case is you'll burn the gasket further. The worst case is
that you'll erode the manifold or cyl. head gasket surface and then you'll
need to have that machined.

If it were my car, I'd pull the manifolds one more time and replace the
gasket with _two_ gaskets to see if it'll seal. Note: I highly reccommend
the Moss "thick" gasket. They cure a variety of "ills".

I will point out that it is okay to attend VTR events in cars other than
your regular Triumph. Afterall, someone has to follow the cars around to
make sure nobody gets stranded on the tours! So if the TR6 isn't up to the
task, drive the "whatever" car and have fun with your fellow Triumph nuts!

> Al  (Dr. Cobb) Salvatore
> 76 tr6

rml (Dr. Bob - not really, but it seemed appropriate at the time!)
74 TR6
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |