Fuel Tank Leak

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'"
Subject: Fuel Tank Leak
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:21:08 -0400
Well, I guess the driving season is over for me.

Filled up the gas tank this morning. I think the level was as low as it had
ever been. Parked the car. A few hours later found a puddle of fuel under
the tank. It does not seem to be from the fuel outlet, but over on the other
side of the tank. Anyway I spent the last couple of hours emptying the tank
and cleaning up the spill. My son got a lot of free gas in his car out of
the deal, so at least someone's happy.

What's the best way to proceed? Can the tank be repaired economically, or
does it make more sense to look for a new one?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader
72 TR6