Re: Tire options

To: "Sondergard, Michael L." <michael-sondergard@uiowa.edu>,
Subject: Re: Tire options
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:03:57 -0600
    mike, i had to make the same decision as i was completing
my body-off resto on my '76. personally, i always thought the
redlines were one of the defining style elements of the car and
ultimately chose to stay with them. however i was able to get
a modern era radial from diamond back classics
(http://www.widewhitewalltires.com/index.htm).
    i'm not saying these tires are equal or superior to other radials
available in the 205/70 size, but for my driving and for show,
i think they look and drive fine. they also set off  the red line
pinstriping on my british racing green really well.
    i've also heard of a tire manufacturer that will take your tires
and add a redline to them, in fact i think diamond back may do
that but cannot confirm.
    it's my feeling you can get good tires and retain the classic
look. you'll pay a little more for each tire but you're going to have
them a long time. get what you want. good hunting...
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6
Denver, Co