Wiper Mechanism

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiper Mechanism
From: "John Zimmerman" <JohnZimmerman@vandorndemag.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:34:04 -0400
I just purchased new wiper mechanisms for the TR6.  I noticed a note in the TRF
sale catalog that the access point is under the dash behind the glove box.  I
see the access panel and can get to it with out too much trouble.  The access
panel on the fire wall is riveted in place, not screwed.  Am I correct in
assuming that the correct procedure is to undo the cable at the wiper motor and
then slide both mechanisms out through the back of the dash board, or do I need
to drill out the rivets and remove the fire wall panel to get to the driver's
side wiper?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John Z