RE: Getting ready to restore...

To: "'Joe Rich'" <jrich@attbi.com>, "6pack (E-mail)"
Subject: RE: Getting ready to restore...
From: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:10:05 -0400
Remember, nothing is truly "free".
In your shoes, I would decide what I wanted out of the car: A) A British car
show award winner; B) A fun little driver for great sunny days, or; C) turn it
around quickly and try to make a buck.  If you choose 'C', sell it now before
you put any money into it.  Does it have Overdrive?  That alone would be worth
over $750.  If you choose 'A', be sure you anticipate a $25,000 budget to get
it perfect.  If you choose 'B', for about $8,000-$10,000 you could get a fun
little car put together, with some effort.  The "How to Restore a TR5/TR6"
would be a great book to get to help you get started.  Good luck with your
"free" car!
Andy
68 TR250