Getting ready to restore...

To: "6pack \(E-mail\)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Getting ready to restore...
From: "Joe Rich" <jrich@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:20:54 -0400
I received a 76 TR6 for free from a friend. The car is mechanically sound
(good compression, starts right up ((ANSA exhaust sounds very cool))) but
visually unappealing as the interior has been removed (and lost), with a
little rust on the frame all the way in the back under the trunk. It does
need new floor boards, however the quarters are a fiberglass replacement
(so, no rust there) type. I don't know the condition of the suspension but
the car was parked in a barn for eight years so I can imagine. The brakes
were frozen as was the clutch pedal but they seem to be working now.

I've done some reading, watched this board, did a little internet research
and I'm going to get some books. I guess my question is... if you had to do
it all over again would you, and what would you do differently?

Thanks

Joe

'76 TR6 in utero