RE: Quality time with the Triumph

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Quality time with the Triumph
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:21:08 -0700
This may be a bit off, mostly because I really don't know but,

If you bolt the mounting for the tube shock to the existing bolt holes and
we assume that no other changes to the suspension are made.  How do you
"stress" the frame more?  The only way I can see this is if the shock has
way more "shock resistance" (stiffness??) than the stock (not hard i
guess).

In either case the force from the suspension is transferred to the frame
in a twisting motion.  Given the way that the conversions look (catalogue
pix) the thing I'd worry more about was flexing in the new tube support.

At any rate I'm looking at rear shocks also so any further info is greatly
appreciated

Thanks

Steve Hanselman
tr6@kc4sw.com