RE: Cold Starting

To: "'YeOldEd@aol.com'" <YeOldEd@aol.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cold Starting
From: Brian Finck <brian.finck@powerhouse.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:38:24 -0400
Hey All,

My car is not a regular driver, I get it out on weekends, when I can. I
usually crank the engine with the choke off until I see oil pressure, then
pull the choke on and away she goes. I use the Uni-parts anti-drain oil
filters as well, these are supposed to keep more oil in the system, to
further reduce the problem. I'm not sure if these are really necessary with
the filter hanging nearly vertical or not, but I only put 2-3 thousand miles
a year on the car, so oil changes are not my biggest expense. I have noticed
that I can here the difference in the engine if I start it right away, and
wait for the pressure to build, as compared to cranking it first.

Brian Finck
'75 BRG TR6