Re: Engine modifications

To: "Ted Ciporin" <ted7@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Engine modifications
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:37:10 -0400
Ted Ciporin:
...new to 6 Pack, and this is my first email.  If this isn't how to ask a
question, please forgive me.

...SU carbs, Monza exhaust and header, and K&N filters on it...notation
in the Victoria British catalog ...illegal to use these...
on an emission controlled car.

Welcome aboard - you've doing fine.
Over the course of time, you will be exposed to a wealth of knowledge
here.
Enjoy.

I'm no expert on this, but in most States, vehicles 25 years old are
exempt from emission testing, and need to address safety issues. Your shop
should know. Also check your local DMV website. This may not be the case
in California, given their regulations and sensitivity to EPA issues.

I believe that VicBrit states their warning as a matter of liability, not
necessarily performance or compatibility.
Good Luck

corey.sherman@rcn.com