Engine modifications

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine modifications
From: "Ted Ciporin" <ted7@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:23:00 -0400
I am new to 6 Pack, and this is my first email.  If this isn't how to ask a
question, please forgive me.

I have a local shop restoring a 1976 TR6 for me, and I'm having him put SU
carbs, Monza exhaust and header, and K&N filters on it.  I just saw a notation
in the Victoria British catalog though, and it says it is illegal to use these
items on an emission controlled car.  My understanding is the 1974-76 TR6's
had emissions controls.  I'm only now learning this, and the restoration is
almost complete.  Am in a pickle here?  Am I doing something illegal having
these modifications on my car?  Any suggestions either way?

Thank you very much for any light you can shed.

Ted Ciporin