Re: Home welders

To: Richard Seaton <rsh17@msn.com>, Peter Macholdt
Subject: Re: Home welders
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 23:12:51 -0400
I have the same question. I am looking for a welder.

Some folks believe that the 20% duty cycle is a problem with these low
end welders. I've talked to others who have them and they don't see it
as a problem.

I believe 20% duty means that if you weld for 2 min you must wait for 8
min. Suppose you tack weld or spot weld for shorter bursts -- 10 or 15
sec. Does that mean you may never have to wait, because it is cooling
down as you go?

Any comments out there?

Thanks,

Don Malling