Re: Home welders

To: "Peter Macholdt" <vze2846b@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Home welders
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:26:35 -0500
 I have a Clark 130 EN (I think) from Central Tractor, it's a 110 volt w/ gas.
In the price range you state I assume your getting gas regulators. Forget
about the flux core wire, once you use gas (C25) you'll love it. The one I
have is pretty easy to use, learned the basics in about 15-20 minutes. I had
zero experience welding, I have gotten better over time. If you have any
mechanical ability and aren't all thumbs it should be easy for you.
  The 130EN only has four heat settings an infinitely adjustable would be
nicer for fine tuning the welds, but it's not absolutely necessary. It works
great for the frame and body panels. They are a wise investment if you plan on
doing most of the work on the car yourself.

Richard,
'69 in hibernation and in less pieces that in the spring.