Re: TR-6 Speedometer for OD Tranny

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, "6pack"
Subject: Re: TR-6 Speedometer for OD Tranny
From: "Nelson Riedel" <Nelson@BuckeyeTriumphs.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:05:52 -0400
Patrick,

A little research in the TRF Blue & Green Catalogs reveals that the same
speedometers were used for both the regular gearbox and the OD gearboxes.
For the US market:

The A OD & regular gearboxes use the same speedometer driven gear.  This was
changed at CF 35000 when that EGR counter was introduced.  (15 tooth early,
17 tooth late)

The J OD also changed gears at CF35,000 but the gears are different than
used in the regular gearboxes & A OD.  They change the drive gear on the
mainshaft and use only one driven gear.)

The speedometers changed at CF1 (different style, same gearing) and at
CF35,000 to match the introduction of the counter and the different
speedometer drive or driven gears.

However, there was a different set of speedometers (three, one matched to
each of the above) for the 3.45 differential ( instead of the 3.7 provided
as standard in the US).

The changes are on the order of 10% and since most the old speedometers are
off a bit and the drive cable is usually broken, this really is all in the
noise.

Nelson Riedel

Subject: TR-6 Speedometer for OD Tranny