Pathedic clutches/ transmissions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Pathedic clutches/ transmissions
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:02:11 -0400
Listers,
After having an entire clutch system replaced one year ago with NEW
everything, I am now dealing with the dreaded wining sound of the NEW
throw-out bearing-not to mention the typical, miserable operation of the
gear-box that will not allow me to go quickly from 1st to 2nd and seems
to have a mind of its own whether it wants to go to 4th and stay there,
etc. . . . sound familiar?  Others have told me so!

The recent words of wisdom from one of our sage listers says it all . . .
something like-   " welcome to the world of TR6 trannies"!  My response
is - why do we put up with it when it can be corrected?  For those who
love originality, you can stay miserable - I've had it!  I'd rather risk
a conversion to a Toyota system in spite of the fact that the "jury is
still out".  For the amount of times some of us have had to do a rip out,
what's the difference?

For those of you who have converted - speak up so we can hear how your
doing -both plus and minus. The information needs a good hearing.  This
winter my pathedic tranny moves out and Toyota moves in . . . what do I
have to loose?

Al Graffam  TR6 French Blue  CT.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!