Underbody paint

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Underbody paint
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 23:19:16 -0500
I noticed on my yellow '76 that the primer was red and underneath the
car you couldn't find anything yellow at all it seemed. I can find it
under the dash though and inside the doors so I'm sure it's the original
color. My question is this. Is there a good paint I can use to paint the
bottom of my car and offer some good rust protection? I would like to
take my car out in the drive way, lift the body from the frame,
sandblast it, paint it and mate it with my other chassis which is amost
ready to go. Then I can remove the supports welded across the door frame
and the body would be permanently attached to the chassis and go about
the rest of my work without having to worry about taking the body off
the frame again.