RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6

To: "'Six pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6
From: "Bernard Robbins" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:27:54 +1200
Hi Ryan,

It may also be worth investigating the Nissan series of engine, box and
driveline components.
Looking in my skyline, the nissan straight 6 seems to be a similar size to
the triumph six whereas I think the Toyota is a bit bigger.
My skyline has an RB25DE motor which is approx 200hp at the flywheel.
The other variants are:
RB20DET 2lt DOHC single turbo ~ 250hp
RB25DET 2.5lt DOHC single turbo ~ 300hp
RB26DETT 2.6lt DOHC twin turbo ~ 300hp stock (the local boys get another 100
odd hp by changing the chip)
I don't know what the import duties are in the states, but you can probably

Check out http://www.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/tech/importengineguide.html for
a bit more info.

Nissan also has a good rear end. The turbo cars all had LSD's designed for
IRS. I'm sure these could be modified for the TR chassis as they appear to
have similar mountings.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on!

'71 2500PI
'73 TR6PI

Regards

Bernard Robbins