RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:07:28 -0700
        Sorry, but I think that leaving the stock engine in there, and
spending a few dollars tweaking it would be much more satisfactory over the
long run. Installing a Chevy engine will destroy the resale value (Think
about it. Would YOU buy a car with an engine upgrade of this nature? There
are so many unknowns...). Lots of custom fabrication would be required too
(motor mounts, tranny adapter, etc)
        Skimming the head, porting, K&N filters, and a camshaft should
EASILY get the car to 140-150 HP. Think about this. Doesn't a 50% increase
in power sound pretty good? And you know it's safe, because the PI version
was rated at this, so the factory was confident that durability would not be
affected.
        If that isn't enough, a custom exhaust (and perhaps a header) would
add another 15HP or so, and could be removed when the car is sold.
        I had really good results on the American cars that I have tweaked.
Don't see why the TR6 should be any different.

        Vance Navarrette
        Mimosa Yellow '74 TR6