Re: Brakes

To: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:15:03 -0500
I have to disagree with Brooks. Bench bleeding the master cylinder is
always required on a new master cylinder. Whichever method you use to
bleed the wheel cylinders, however is up to choice, albeit Spousal,
pressure, vacuum, etc.

I have had bad flexible hoses that made bleeding difficult...... it
seems that 20 plus year old flexible brake hose can swell inside, making
it difficult to get adequate fluid to the wheels, and a soft pedal.

 A leaky master can also be the culprit. It'll bypass inside without an
external evidence of a leak, but won't function properly.

Dick, I believe the way the conversion people address rear brake
pressure is to install an adjustable in-line valve that relieves some
pressure to alleviate early lock-up of the rear brakes. Summit Racing
sells them for 60 bucks or so.

Jim