Re: Brakes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: HalMorton@webtv.net (Harold M. Morton)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:17:23 -0600 (CST)
John, listers,                                                 I seem to
remember from my Mityvac instruction manual that they recommend that
when vacuum bleeding brakes to reverse the order- that is, bleed closest
to the master cylinder first, then away. Left front, right front, left
rear. right rear (on left hand drive cars.) I never took the time to
reason out the "why" of this, but it worked for me (with conventional
fluid.) Can anyone explain?  Also, I remember reading special
instructions for bleeding silicone fluid somewhere- maybe a search of
the archives or the VTR site "maintenance handbook" would turn it up.

Hal Morton                                                  Pascagoula,
MS