Re: Suspension and Frame Update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension and Frame Update
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
I also had a tough time pressing out the stub axle from the vertical
link.  Brought it to a nearby shop and they put it on a very powerful
hydraulic press.  They put max pressure on it and it wouldn't go.  They
were amazed.  I ended up just buying a new vertical link and stub axle
from TRF.  Why are you dismantling this piece?  I was doing so because
I needed a new vertical link due to worn threads on the end that goes
into the trunnion.  If your stub axle and vertical link are in good
shape, there's no need to disassemble this piece.

I painted all my suspension pieces semi-gloss black.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/