Clutch help!

To: "6 Pack List (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch help!
From: Jim Davis <jamdav@woodward.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:02:42 -0500
Listers,

In February I did a complete clutch replacement on my 74 TR6.  I used the
clutch kit from Clutch Masters, Sachs pressure plate, Borg & Beck friction
disk, Toyota Land Cruiser throwout bearing.  I even put in double shaft
bearings and drilled the shaft and bolted the fork.  Two days ago when
pulling into my driveway the clutch failed.  I took everything apart last
night and found that the friction disk had totally separated from the inner
plate.  Has anyone had this happen?  The clutch only has 1800 miles on it
and it was working perfectly.  I never "unload" the clutch or abuse it in
any way.

Jim Davis
1974 TR6
Colorado

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****