Re: Clutch Shaft Warning!!!!

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Shaft Warning!!!!
From: Jim Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:16:41 -0400
Yes, your interpretation of my explanation is correct.  The hole drilled for
the fork taper pin was drilled a few degrees off. Sorry, I am not the best
at explaining the technical details, but keep trying to improve.  I am still
using the shaft since I didn't have another one handy as couldn't leave the
car apart at my friend's garage long enough to order another.   I am going
to call Moss Motors Monday and explain the situation to them.  I am sure
they will say please return for a refund, but hopefully they can investigate
their inventory for a potential problem.  Thanks for the tip on the slave
cylinder, that makes perfect sense. Hopefully, the slight angle that the
push rod is installed off center won't ruin too quickly.  It's a new slave
cylinder also.
JIm
75 TR6
80 TR7