Re: Clutch Shaft Warning!!!!

To: jdhenn@cfl.rr.com (Jim Henningsen)
Subject: Re: Clutch Shaft Warning!!!!
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
Jim---I just installed a new clutch shaft from Moss (and is part of a
much longer story for a later time) and it seems to be correct. Now back
to what you found, as I don't understand exactly where the mistake was,
or what you have done to get around it.  The 'three holed' arm, when
welded to the shaft, should have the tapered bore for the fork pin
directly in line (vertically) with each other. Are you saying it was off
a few degrees, thereby causing the rotation of the fork/throwout bearing
to be 'late' in contacting the clutch?

Are you now still using the same questionable shaft but using a
different hole?

Using a 'hole' that doesn't line up straight with the Slave Cylinder
will slightly decrease the life/bore of the SC due to side loads
imparted.

What does MossM have to say about all of this?

I am Very interested in such escapades!

Dick T.