DCOE Questions

To: <6Pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: DCOE Questions
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:33:31 -0700
I have had my DCOE's on my TR6 for the last 200 miles or so of driving. I've
been playing with them trying to find the right combination of jets and
settings so that it will run well on the street.

I have a question though and hope that someone can answer it. In the book
that I used as a reference, "How to Build and Power Tuned DCOE's ...", it
states that when the idle jets are sized correctly they will require only
1.5 -1.75 turns out on the idle mixture screws to achieve the best idle.

I found that I had to jump up 2 jet sizes from the recommended (50F9) idle
jets to a 60F11 before the car would idle nicely and give decent
acceleration through the progression phase, and only require 1.5 turns out
on the idle mixture screw. Have others had to go to this large of an idle
jet to get the car to run? It runs ok, but really not as smoothly as it did
before the ZS's burned up.

For what it's worth, in addition to the 60F11 idle jets I have:
160 air correctors.
130 main jets.
F16 emulsion tubes.

Any suggestions are appreciated,