seat foams

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: seat foams
From: MRMTR6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:37:53 EDT
Mark I agree with Greg you should be able to replace the foams without
replacing the vinyl's.  Last year a TR buddy and I replaced his foams without
new vinyl. The vinyl was not the original however he had replaced it years
earlier due to tears and at that time the foam was still good. I did my seats
(foam and vinyl) last year over the winter and man what a difference it feels
like you are driving a different car. If you do decide to replace both vinyl
and foam wait until winter the parts houses always run interior sales.  Last
week someone asked about paint for the engine bay.  Most larger paint
suppliers today can pack paint in spray cans.  The cans come precharged and
they pump the paint in.  You may have to buy a pint of paint and then buy the
spray can but it is well worth the price to get the right color. I am a
regular reader of this list and although I am not a regular contributor I
feel I know many of you. I hope that I will get a chance to meet more of you
at this years TRials. I attend my first TRials last year and had a great
time. Kevin did a fantastic job with the organization and Little Switzerland
was a great place. This year I along with Jeff Rust and his bride Karen will
be helping Ken and Kim Crowely host the TRials. Last week on are way back
from the TRF summer party Ken and I stopped at the Clocktower and checked out
the room we are going to have for a hospitality room.  It is going to work
great it is a large conference room with a lounge area.  If you are thinking
about coming please do. If you get shut out at the host hotel don't give up
within a few blocks of the Clocktower there are several hotels to fit any
budget. We are going to do everything we can to make sure everyone has a good
time.

See you at the TRials
Mark Moore
74 TR6  67TR4A