TR6 Clutch from BPNW

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch from BPNW
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:19:42 -0400
Lists,
        I've had numerous requests for information on the upgraded TR6 clutch I
purchased from BPNW so I thought I'd just answer to the lists in
general:
According to BPNW, this is the same clutch package TRF sells. Their
claim, not mine. The kit consists of a Sachs pressure plate, Toyota
Landcruiser release (throwout) bearing, sleeve and standard disc. The
price for the kit advertised in the July Hemmings is $187.00 Their price
for the 3 piece (no release bearing or sleeve) Borg & Beck clutch
advertised in the same ad is $115.00, and $86.00 for an un-named brand.
The ad says you must mention Hemmings to receive the quoted prices.
I've found some excellent parts sources in Hemmings Motor News, and for
those who've never picked one up, it's interesting reading if you are a
car nut like me.
I've NFI in any of the companies mentioned above.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U