Re: Gas in Vacuum Advance Hose

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas in Vacuum Advance Hose
From: pbrzozoski@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:04:54 -0400
>Today I replaced the rubber fittings for the vacuum advance on my 72 TR6 >and
>found fuel in the vacuum line at the distributor end. What could be >causing
>this? I do have the thermostatic vacuum control switch in place on >my top
>radiator hose, could it be leaking? Though I'm pretty certain that >it was
>gasoline and not coolant in the hose. It certainly tasted like >gasoline....
>   Thanks,
>   Don Clark
>   Seattle, WA

Don,
Does the 72 have the fuel traps in the vacuum hoses between the carbs and the
thermostatic vacuum control switch?  These are small metal tubular gizmos that
mount on a clip by the thermostat housing.  Their main purpose in life is to
prevent exactly what you say is happening.

Phil Brzozoski
Pepperell, Ma.
'74 TR6s CF25198U and CF21808U