Re:TR6 clutch, and them some.....

To: jh_davis@mindspring.com, 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:TR6 clutch, and them some.....
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:57:33 -0400
Jim, do you recall what the total cost of the kit was? I just started
pulling my engine apart on the 76 due to a rod knock, and possibly valve
train problems, and I'm sure lots of stuff will end up being checked out
as it's got 72,000 miles on it. I just got this in March, put 63 miles
on it after I got it on the road last weekend and I'm already down for
the count.....Anyway, I have an O/D tranny going in (I was waiting til
winter) so I may as well pull the engine and start over at this point.
Anyone have any important hints on an engine rebuild that aren't covered
in the Bentley manual ?? This will be a learning experience, as I've
never done an engine job before. Just put an engine stand together I
bought last week. Thanks for any info, and I'm sure lots of questions
will be forthcoming as I venture into the British Engineering
Vortex.........
Regards,   Kevin
CF55588U