Gas in Vacuum Advance Hose

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas in Vacuum Advance Hose
From: "Don Clark" <d@donclark.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:59:42 -0700
Listers,
I searched the archives and didn't see an answer to my question so here it
is:

Today I replaced the rubber fittings for the vacuum advance on my 72 TR6 and
found fuel in the vacuum line at the distributor end. What could be causing
this? I do have the thermostatic vacuum control switch in place on my top
radiator hose, could it be leaking? Though I'm pretty certain that it was
gasoline and not coolant in the hose. It certainly tasted like gasoline....

Other things that may or may not be important:
The plugs looked normal.
The car idles fine and the timing appears to be correct.
There is vacuum at the distributor end of the hose.

One last question. Does the Lucas sport coil come with screw on and press on
fittings or just one or the other? I want to install my crane electronic
ignition and it requires screw on fittings but the coil that I have only has
press on fittings.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA