Re: TR6 Brakes

To: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brakes
From: Grego Sanguinetti <grego@accelerant.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:08:24 -0700
Jim.
I have had nothing but problems with DOT 5 fluid and have ended up
purging it from my systems and replacing with DOT 4. Even though
I pressure bleed the (entirely new) systems I would still get  tiny
air bubbles that combine enough to cause problems, then would
dissperse so that things worked ok (not great) then congeal again
and cause problems.
Also, if you do have any seal problems, DOT 5 fluid will find it real fast :(

I have had good success in rebuilding cylinders before. The key is
to very carefully inspect the bore and piston. If either is scored or
worn out of spec then the system will leak, either imediately or
much earlier than expected.

Congradulations about getting the car back on the road. I hope mine
is back by next summer....

-grego