RE: brake light failure

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: brake light failure
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:55:27 -0600

And more to the point, they are actually kind of crappy. At least the one in
my TR6 is (was). A very cheap plastic device which seemed to come flying
apart every time I had to remove it from the pedal box. Finally it got so
bad that the cheap plastic threads on the shaft stripped and I couldn't
really tighten it down on the pedal box assembly tight enough so it would
not move when in use. Thinking there had to be someone who designed a better
switch than this POS, I went to the local junk yard. Sure enough, a mid
'70's to early '80's BMW (all models) has a nice _metal_ version of the TR6
one. Now I can tighten the thing to the pedal box in a way that will be
stable and without fear of stripping the threads. One of the best $1
upgrades I have made to my TR6.

( Another possibility is the switch from a '79 and later 280ZX. Slightly
different size but it will still work. )

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO