Re: brake light failure

To: <RedTriumphTr6@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake light failure
From: "Ken Davis" <kenjdavis@home.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:23:48 -0700
Bob -

couple of questions...   Do the brake lights work WITHOUT the
headlights on?  Reason for asking is a poor ground at the bulb
will sometimes affect it this way.  Have someone pump the brakes
and see if the light comes on.  If it does, turn on the
headlights etc and try it again.  if it doesn't, then you have a
bad ground most probably.  an easy fix . sort of.  I strip a
piece of braded wire bundle and wrapped it around the case,
putting a little wire into the socket, not enough to short, but
to make contact with the bulb...  that worked for me..

2nd question, is your brake switch faulty?  get a vtvm meter and
check for continuity of the switch while pressing the brake.
Sometimes the switch can wiggle around and just be enough out of
adjustment so that a deprtess won't quite let the switch close...

hrth

ken
so. san francisco
73 TR6