Re: Update on the blown Tranny

To: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>,
Subject: Re: Update on the blown Tranny
From: "Ken Davis" <kenjdavis@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:12:55 -0700
Hi Peter...

ah, the shrapnel and the flakes...  they're the leftovers from
when a nnedle bearing, race, shaft and gear decided to self
destruct.  the flakes are basically grindings or shavings as it
tore itself up.  They're about the size of little gold flakes,
and they were carried throughout the tranny and the OD.
Everything was flush cleaned, but Jim says th change oil anyway,
the oil movement, specially in the OD is bound to flush more
out....

Ken