Re: brakes, part 2

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: brakes, part 2
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:22:54 -0700 (PDT)
Randy---Just so we can agree on where the "back" of the brake pads are,
I wrote that the thinner part of used pads are tapered (thinner) towards
the back. I mean the back to be the last part of the pads to make
contact with the disc, or rotor. I did not mean it to be the back, as
viewed while looking at the side of the car.  This brake pad taper is a
function of heat buildup on the rotor. The cooler, leading portion of
the pad, wears less. While this is more of a factor in brakes subjected
to hard use, I felt it needed to be inlcuded. Hopefully, no harm, no
foul!

Dick T.