RE: Overdrive troubles

To: 6Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overdrive troubles
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:04:35 +0100
>After about 15 minutes of highway driving at 75ish mph, the o/d kicked
>out for about half a second, then went back in.  A minute or so later,
>it kicked out completely.   After another 5 minutes of
>driving, I tried engaging the o/d, and it worked.   After 5 minutes the o/d
hiccupped, then kicked
>out again.  (edited)

I had that kind of trouble myself and it only occurred while driving on
motorways. All the while driving on minor roads the od is fine.
I don't exactly know why but I thought it had to do with the gearbox switch, I
changed one against a different used one and after that it was fine for quite
a while. So I thought the switch was not adjusted aka shimmed properly. Having
said that it reoccurred so I'm not definite at all. Interesting to know if
there is a definite answer to that.

Cheers, Gernot

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048