Re: Wiper Problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiper Problems
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:48:40 -0700 (PDT)
If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I removed the wiper
motor) there is only one cable going from the wiper motor to both wheel
boxes.  If the passenger wiper is still working, then the cable must be
intact.  Unless you drive a right hand drive car, in which case the
driverside wiper is furthest away from the wiper motor and therefore
the wiper cable could be intact up to the passenger side wiper but
broken somwhere after that point, knocking out drive to the driverside
wiper.  If your car is left hand drive (which it probably is), it would
seem to be a wheelbox problem, but I've never removed the wheelboxes,
nor am I all that familiar with their inner workings.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/