2000-register

Re: stuck head

To: <triumph_2000@yahoogroups.com>, <2000-register@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: stuck head
From: "Mike Allam" <2000mk2@mytriumphs.fslife.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:23:00 -0000
Hi Listers,
Well here is the latest, took out the plug ,feed in the parcel string, it
takes a lot! turned over the engine until it locked. It works, the valve was
held shut tight. To remove the spring was easy, as it was broken, just press
down a bit, out come the split cones off came the spring.
Now the problem!  I tried to put on the new spring, but I cannot push it
down far enough to put the cones in, even with an extra pair of hands ready
to drop them in. The 'G' clamp  type valve spring compressor cannot fit, So
what's the trick, any ideas please.
 All The Best
                 Mike  :o))
2000mk2@mytriumphs.fslife.co.uk