2000-register

stuck head

To: <2000-register@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: stuck head
From: "Mike Allam" <2000mk2@mytriumphs.fslife.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:55:41 -0000
Help!!
The other day a valve spring broke. So I went to the spares box found a good
spring and got busy removing the rocker cover, tappets etc, all went well
until it came to lifting off the head. solid!!!
I put plusgas down the studs, solid!!!
I put double lock nuts on to remove the studs Solid!!!
I used a special tool that unscrews anything  Solid !!!
I tried a chisel on the joint, broke chisel. Solid !!!
I have been told about welding on a nut but it seems 9 of the 14 are stuck
I have been told, get a club hammer and smash it to bits then replace it
with another.
Any ideas of a less drastic nature please.
All The Best
                 Mike  :o))

///
///  2000-register@autox.team.net mailing list