2000-register

Steering Racks

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Racks
From: clifford.pope@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 11:22:14 -0800
Thanks for all the useful replies.
I get the picture now, it is a matter of choice. But is there a minimum
degree of sloppiness necessary to satisfy the MOT?
I have never noticed this effect on other cars. I have always been
accustomed to checking the steering by moving the steering wheel very
slightly and watching the road wheels responding, or not. On the Triumph
the wheels stay still and the body heaves slightly from side to side. It
feels fine to drive, but I'd like to get it right rather than wait for
an argument with the MOT tester.
Cliff Pope