Re: In car video cameras

To: dmeadow@juno.com, thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: In car video cameras
From: JHarkness@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:51:58 EST
Henry, I just bought a new system that I highly recommend.  I have a small,
lipstick-sized camera from www.helmetcamera.com that I feed to a new Sony
digital 8 camcorder set to VCR mode.  The tiny lens mounts anywhere; I use my
old mount I've had for years from I/O Port.  The camcorder is Sony
DCR-TRV330.  Whole set-up can be done for <1000 with careful shopping on the
internet.

Picture quality is outstanding; you won't believe it.

Forgot to mention, I stuff the camcorder into a small camera bag ty-wrapped
to frame rails on the floor.  Reachable so I can turn it on when on the grid,
and zip the cover to secure it in place.

Any more details needed, contact me directly.

John Harkness