In car video cameras

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: In car video cameras
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 13:16:04 -0500
I am hoping to get some advice from people that have been there, done that.

I am shopping for a video camera. All of the models I have tried have image
stabilization. I have actually shot some film with a Sony and I am less
than impressed with the quality of the image stabilization. I have to
believe if I mounted that camera in my car the result would get us all
seasick trying to watch the video.

Is there any brand of camera that has better image stabilization than
others? Or am out of luck trying to get decent in car video with a camera
for less than $1000?

Also, any words of wisdom regarding camera mounts?

Thanks.
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net   -   TR4 #05
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/race/raceintro.html