Re: Vintage race cars built today

To: Tombread@aol.com, S800Racer@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage race cars built today
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:53:19 EDT
In a message dated 10/07/01 11:29:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Tombread@aol.com writes:

> What's the consensus on letting faux Shelby Cobras race?  I frequently see
> them referred to as vinatge racing legal.

I could be wrong, but I've never seen an absolutely faithful replica of the
original, down to the frame, suspension, diff, engine, etc. If there was one,
it might be a different argument, but the way I see it, they are kit cars and
shouldn't be allowed to run in a vintage grid any more than the 356 kits with
hunkered down suspension and flaired wheel wells should (even if they took
off the flairs).

Bill