Re: More "Tow Vehicles" - This Time a Saab

To: twobees@sprynet.com, vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More "Tow Vehicles" - This Time a Saab
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 22:56:30 EDT
In a message dated 05/07/01 6:02:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
twobees@sprynet.com writes:

> Anyone have any experience with a passenger car of this size?  I have an
> opportunity to buy an enclosed trailer at a good price.  But, it has a
> MaxGVW of 3500#.

Well, I towed my MGA behind a 2 litre Cortina, but then I am mad, and the
trailer was a home built with central stanchions from which, suspension
bridge style, the ends were susepnded by wire cable. The whhole trailer
probably weighed about 400 lbs.

I gave that up for interchangeable American station wagons, and went through
one every two years. GM were OK, but the 350s had problems, Fords had dickey
automatic transmissions, and I ended up preferring Chrysler - usually 318 for
good mileage.

I now use a Chrysler minivan, but all my towing is pretty flat - I wouldn't
try the Rockies with it.

Bill